Join Our TeamFind Your Opportunity
Build Your Career
At Clarkston, capabilities mean more than titles. Years of experience are substituted with ability and drive. We hire leaders and innovators - not employees or staff.
Clarkston’s career development process is dedicated to fostering a profession that is mutually rewarding for both Stewards and the firm. Clarkston has established a competency-based performance model that each employee focuses on as they enhance their skills and grow their careers in a culture dedicated to continuous learning.
At Clarkston, careers are about more than just billable hours or client delivery. Every employee is accountable across a number of competencies and must continuously ask themselves how they are contributing in areas such as:
- Brilliant Client Service: How well do you work within a team? How clearly do you communicate with others? Are you demonstrating problem-solving capabilities and effective project and process management?
- Employee Development: Are you demonstrating strategic thinking? Do you lead by example, including coaching and mentoring others? Are you effectively negotiating and managing change?
- Firm Building: Are you working to build a better Clarkston by participating in firm initiatives and committees?
- Industry Expertise: Are you conveying and instilling creativity and innovation in your work? Are you achieving professional recognition (sought-after status) for your skills and expertise?
- Business Development: Are you building and maintaining excellent Client and Clarkston relationships? Are you effectively positioning Clarkston’s services?
Promotion considerations at Clarkston are based upon skills and achievements rather than tenure. There is no “up or out” policy, but rather a recognition that career development can take any number of paths, depending on the individual and their goals.