Our experts average 15 years in consulting and industry. Read more about our expertise.Meet the Team
The key to a successful outsourcing strategy is to look both outside the organization – carefully considering the vendor you will partner with – as well as the dynamics inside your own organization, and how your outsourcing strategy impacts your own people. Human capital goals must be aligned with outsourcing goals. You’ll want to optimize headcount while retaining key talent to execute the business strategy, and at the same time:
- Manage internal engagement, morale, and motivation
- Maintain a positive outlook from those leaving the organization
- Maintain or enhance the company culture
- Manage the community response and reaction
Careful planning and consideration will help ensure your outsourcing strategy is successful. Clarkston has found the following outsourcing strategy considerations and best practices help companies meet their goals:
- Overall Strategy: EVERY detail needs to be considered and thought through before announcement day; any ambiguity creates further stress.
- Measurements: How will you measure the cost savings and overall success?
- Cultural Considerations: The process and communications should be executed in a way that aligns with current and future culture.
- Leadership: Leadership must be aligned in messaging; consider having a dedicated and visible on-site leader for employee guidance and questions.
- Transition Periods: Think about timing, retention bonuses, severance, benefits, and motivations to stay.
- HR Bandwidth: Does the current HR team have the bandwidth to support the volume of work?
Clarkston can help you consider and plan for the human capital challenges inherent in your outsourcing strategy.